Efficient printing is one of the ways in which you can actively help to create a sustainable environment in your organisation. Efficient doesn’t just mean fast and simple, it can also mean sustainable.
The planet aside, efficient printing will also save you money by reducing your consumption of toner and of paper.
There are certain key elements which should be put into play to ensure that your print efficiency is working at maximum capacity – they are as follows:
- Follow me printing: This means releasing your print job through a secure code to any machine in your organisation. Follow me printing reduces the waste caused by abandoned prints.
- Rules-based printing: Reducing toner consumption by defaulting to mono printing and printing only the current page. This is especially relevant when it comes to large email streams.
- Print draft copies: Running a draft copy before large jobs prevents expensive mistakes which saves both paper and toner.
- Print preview: This is an important function for checking orientation and formatting are correct before printing.
- Energy efficiency: Always ensure that machines are switched to “night mode” which ensures they enter stand-by mode when unused. You can also set larger print jobs to run at night which will enable you to benefit from cheaper electricity.
The importance of keeping control of print output in the workplace cannot be underestimated. Creating print policies for example are relatively simple but ensuring that the rules are followed is another matter.
Mode can assist you in managing and implementing rules and strategies which will help you to achieve green printing and fulfil your environmental policies.
Contact Mode Print Solutions today to learn more about Mode’s commitment to the environment.