Larger companies have always been regarded as having the competitive edge in being able to respond quickly to changing markets. However, due to technological advances, smaller companies are being given the opportunities to gain a foothold in markets that were previously unobtainable.
The Cloud, for instance, is accessible to all, flexible and has no upfront financial commitment. It is ideal for any business and allows you to explore new markets. There are no costly software updates, and it even has built in security, allowing mobility for businesses, reduction of office space required and accessibility on not only PC’s, but laptops and tablets and smartphones. This is allowing smaller enterprises to have access to better, faster and more productive technology with intelligent digital platforms.
The pressure is on for businesses to keep up with the emerging technologies and many are not utilising all the opportunities available to them. The lack of knowledge is one of the biggest barriers to achieving digital transformation.
Mode offers its top 10 tips for businesses to gain the tools it needs to help generate growth and allow smaller enterprises to build a framework to embrace digital change and drive higher results:
- Build digitisation into your business plan: What do you want your business to achieve? What tools do you need to help you do this? If you want to develop your customer relationships and build leads, you may want to consider a CRM system (Customer Relationship Management System). However, you must consider the new GDPR Regulation from the EU and consider ways you will need to protect that information.
- Let your customers dictate your communication: How do your customers like to be communicated? Email, phone, website? Which type of communications do they best respond to? Having this information will help you prioritise your digital tools and needs.
- Gather data from your customers: Are you able to place clever analytics behind your website to follow your customers browsing journey? This will help you gain valuable insight into your current customer/potential customer base.
- The Cloud: Cloud storage is a fabulous solution. It is cost-effective and accessible from any device. Also, if your business comes through your website, perhaps consider a cloud-based platform which brings together a wide range of innovative software and applications from ecommerce payment to shipping tools.
- How can your communications work harder for you: Being personal with your customers is vital to the success of your marketing communications. Once you have collected your customer data digitally and managed it effectively, you have the potential to deliver highly personalised, relevant communications.
- Be a Beta Trialist: Often vendors are on the lookout for businesses to trial a software platform. This may be an excellent introduction to new working practises.
- Consider the type of work force you want to develop: Do you have mobile workers, or would you consider flexible working? If so, you need to ensure that they all have the same tools and software as each other. Also ensure that any physical post is turned into email so that all can receive messages securely.
- Consider your infrastructure: There is no point investing in digital tools if you have an inadequate infrastructure underneath. Ensure that your broadband width is sufficient to support your technological systems. You may need to consider a different provider with a faster service, and you may even obtain a better tariff!
- Consider competitors: Try and obtain valuable information on how other businesses in your field may use digitalisation for better integrated working practises.
- Consider how it all works: Isolated apps/tools/systems that don’t talk or work together only add frustration to your work force. One of the benefits of digitalisation is it provides an integrated approach to your work process. Ensure you speak to your managed service providers so that everything is joined up.
Contact Mode today to discuss your digital needs and how we can help your business obtain a managed print service that is fully integrated into your working practises.