July 4, 2018 12:00 am
If your business is looking for ways to reduce the impact it has on the environment, a great place to start is by looking at your office printers and your printing methods.
By evaluating your energy consumption, toner and paper waste you could help reduce your costs and improve your impact on the environment.
By adopting some of our tips below and making changes to how you and your office print documents, you’ll soon be able to go green as a team!
- Print double sided – to reduce the amount of unnecessary paper used.
- Print a draft copy – running a draft copy before printing a large job prevents mistakes and saves paper.
- Print preview – use this function to check that your formatting is correct before printing.
- Energy efficiency – ensure that your machines are switched to ‘stand-by mode’ when not in use. You can also set large print jobs to run at night, benefitting from cheaper electricity.
- Recycled paper – you may be able to use recycled paper with your current printer. However, not all printers are compatible. Please get in touch with us for advice.
- Save electricity – by sharing printers, scanners and other IT equipment across departments.
- Follow me printing – will release your print job through a secure access code to any machine in your organisation, reducing waste from abandoned prints.
- Custom printing profiles – reduces your toner consumption by defaulting to black and white and saves paper with double sided printing.
- Recycling schemes – encourage recycling in your workplace and see what recycling options you have available in your area for printer ink cartridges, paper and more.
- Eco-friendly printers – are a great choice if you’re serious about ‘going green’. Designed to use less energy than other printers on the market, eco-friendly printers will not compromise on performance. If you want to know more, please get in touch with a member of our team who will be happy to give you advice.
This post was written by Anwen Haynes