June 28, 2019 8:00 am
Businesses need adequate insurance in order to protect their assets.
There are many types of business insurance, including coverage for property damage, legal liability and employees. It is especially important for business owners to think carefully about the services they provide and any potential risks they may need to cover.
Read on to learn five reasons why insurance is so important in business…
- If you own a business premises it is critically important to protect it. You should look into a policy that will cover any damage to your building in the event of a disaster, such as a fire or flood.
- As well as your business premises, it is also important to cover the contents of your building, such as computers, office equipment and stock. This means that they can be replaced or repaired if they are damaged or stolen.
- Another important insurance to consider if you own your own business is Business Interruption Insurance. This is incredibly beneficial if your business is disrupted by a disaster, as it helps to cover any loss of revenue whilst your business is down.
- If you have one or more employees, then it is wise to take out Employers’ Liability Insurance. This will cover any claims made by an employee in the event of an injury, HR issue or a work error.
- Lastly, if your business provides a consultancy service or offers advice to other businesses, then it is vitally important to have Professional Indemnity Insurance in place. This means that in the event of a work error, your legal fees will be covered should a client wish to claim for compensation from your company.
This post was written by Anwen Haynes