Cloud printing was hailed as the answer to a lot of our business issues in achieving that office mobile utopia. It allows users to print from any device on the network. It can connect your digital devices like your smartphones, laptops, tablets and any work stations with the printers in your network. This means that traditional printing, often with software driver issues or device compatibility issues have often been eliminated. Not only that software upgrades are done automatically, its greener and the IT infrastructure is a fraction of the cost!
However, what has become apparent in recent times, is that often conventional printing problems still prevail even though we should all now be able to be flexible and versatile in our approach to working.
Mode looks at some of the common issues with cloud printing you may be experiencing and how we suggest these can be resolved:
For some reason you can’t print:
- Check your devices are cloud print compatible
- If you are using Google Cloud Print, check that the printer you are using is registered properly
- Look at your admin tools and ensure that your printer does not have any basic network connection issues. Ensure you are using the appropriate ports (these are often 80, 8080, 5222, 5353) are open and that your router is not blocking any traffic.
Your printer is not registered:
- Make sure this is completed before you attempt cloud printing.
Removed/Deleted/Duplicated printers keep appearing:
- This is a very similar problem as conventional printing. Cloud printing requires chains of devices authenticating and relaying print jobs. Make sure old printers are removed from your devices and consoles. If necessary, remove all your devices and start again to add new devices.
Print jobs held in the queue:
- Just get rid of the print jobs and start again.
- Check your firewall and any security measures to ensure that they are not blocking your printing.
- Check your connection,
- Check for any updates, printer firmware for example as these can often cause issues with connectivity.
Legacy devices not working; this is often a term that refers to devices you have had for a while:
- There are often too many potential problems to list here, however, Clouding printing works better with devices that have been set up to have this functionality so getting your old device will be good luck!
As you can see there are always resolutions to your cloud printing problems but for more information on how Mode can help you with your cloud printing visit: https://www.modeprintsolutions.co.uk/managed-print/cloud/
Or call us on 0345 223 2203
Or email is at firstname.lastname@example.org