Every business in the UK is legally obliged to manage their waste properly – this includes toner cartridges.
- Millions of printer cartridges are thrown away every year, some of which contain hazardous material that takes a long time to decompose or has a negative effect on the environment and wildlife within it.
- By recycling your cartridges, you can remove them from landfill and reduce the effect your business has on the environment. We take recycling extremely seriously and are committed to helping our clients.
Your Business Obligations
Your duty of care is outlined in Section 34 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 (EPA) and Article 4 of the EU Waste Framework Directive.
These stages are:
- Prevention: you can reduce waste or remove a particular type of waste from your business by using less material, keeping products for longer, reusing items or using fewer hazardous materials.
- Preparing for Re-use: this includes checking, cleaning, repairing or refurbishing items.
- Recycling: this means turning your waste into a new substance or product (rather than re-using it for the same purpose).
- Other Recovery: including anaerobic digestion, incineration for energy recovery, gasification and pyrolysis to produce energy and backfilling.
By recycling your toner cartridges, you ensure that your business follows this directive.
Recycling Your Cartridges with Mode
If you would like to recycle your toner cartridges, you need to get in touch with our Client Support on 0345 223 2203 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Depending on your volumes, we will either issue you with a label for free postage or a recycling box with details on where to send it. All you need to do is fill the box and send it for recycling.